Sunday 2 October 2011

Guv'nor on the Tide Bank

The rain stopped around 7.30am this morning after nearly 40hrs constant. The rest of the day being misty and dull.
Most Saturday mornings I would cycle the Moulton for around 30 miles, yesterday however, I walked Scrabo and Killynether as it was raining.
This morning the rain was down to a drizzle so I decided to take the Guv'nor out for a short run. I hadn't been out from last Saturday and was starting to get withdrawal symptoms, hard to explain but the short 8 mile run satisfied me.
                                             Guv'nor with Scrabo Tower in the distance

The tide bank is a wide 'wall' to stop the sea from flooding the airport and fields. On top of this 'wall' is a path for walking and cycling. This path is covered in small stones, the Guv'nor takes this surface in it's stride.
                                                Guv'nor leaning against a small wall

I look at anything we buy as a blank canvas to be added to, to suit ourselves and my bikes are improved with every part fitted. Purists, I suppose wouldn't agree with me turning the Guv'nor into a roadster but to my mind it's a far more useful bicycle and more capable in the wet.
Next week I will be fitting a bottle dynamo to it and hope to give an account of this in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment