Saturday 1 October 2011

Pashley Guv'nor Accessories - Prop Stand

Buying a new bicycle or for that matter anything new, there is always an aftermarket for accessories. Throughout these years, no matter what I've bought, old British motorbikes, Harley's, cameras or cars the accessory shop was always top of my list.

Even for my bicycles there always are must have items. Some of these are for safety like the mirror and lights while some for convenience like the saddle bag complete with Bagman carrier. Other items including mudguards, mudflap, side stand and toe guards are things that help to make cycling more pleasant in wet weather etc.


I bought a side stand and fitted it with padding to protect the frame but it slipped. I refitted it with some antislip rubber but had to tighten it really hard to have a tight fit, the result of this being distortion of the clamp. I suppose time will tell if it will work.

This stand is strange, in the fact that it has to be angled slightly off the square so the pedal isn't restricted.


As can be seen from this photo the gap is about 5/16" so it won't take much movement to stop the pedals.
On the other Pashley bikes a channel is used to locate the stand but not on the Guv'nor.


Anytime I go out to the garage my buddy has to come, she has to sniff her approval.

1 comment:

  1. I had a similar problem mounting a new kickstand to the Fuji. I used some bar tape (the twill tape kind with the sticky backing) around the frame. So far so good!

    ReplyDelete