Saturday 22 October 2011

No staying power

I was very disappointed with my performance today on the Guvnor.

I didn't have a day off work for twelve days, having worked 23 hours last weekend and 48 hours last week with 1000 miles clocked up on my Freelander, I was really looking forward to getting out on the Guvnor.

Heading out at 7.30 this morning fully kitted out in my cycling gear under my Nightvision jacket I headed to the Portaferry Road intending to pass through Greyabbey, Ballywalter along the coast to Donaghadee then home.

The wind was harsh and the going was very tough, I thought about turning back but struggled on for another mile then decided I wasn't enjoying this so I turned for home. Heading back was superb with the wind on my back helping me greatly.

I decided to try the tide bank but this was worse with the wind blowing from off Strangford Lough so after about 200 yards I came home the quickest route I could, showered went into Belfast with Patsy.

I should have waited to after 9 to go out with two friends but I always liked getting my run over early and have the day free. Riding with others motivates each other and helps when the going gets tough.

Lately at work, as well as my packed lunch I would have a breakfast roll and scones, this, I think is really starting to affect me so I have decided to cut out fries, baps and scones from Monday. I also intend to go out on the bike as often as possible even for 30 minutes.

I just hope it's this Monday I'll start cutting down. I can be full of good intentions.

Tomorrow I'll take the Guvnor over Scrabo and onto the Comber Greenway before riding into Dundonald and home along country roads.

This is my intention, but.....

No comments:

Post a Comment