Saturday 29 October 2011

Iphone and Hipstamatic

Earlier this week I received my new iphone. My Blackberry had served me well for the last twenty one months and I was very happy with it for most things.

For emails and twitter it was great, the keypad was very quick, although it wasn't very good for the internet. The camera wasn't bad and the photos could easily be transfered to my laptop for any work needed.

I noticed on twitter, Amy from the Bobbin and Sprocket blogspot was using photos with an old 1950's look about them, a look I always liked. with nice vivid colours. The photos were from her iphone through an app called Hipstamatic.

I just had to have that app, unfortunately it wasn't available for the Blackberry. My contract for the Blackberry was almost up and the iphone 4s was due so I ordered one.

The first app I purchased was the Hipstamatic and it didn't disappoint. It reminded of the Lomo cameras and the carefree photos on the www.lomography.com site.

Taking these photos is fun and anything goes, vignetting, blur, softness, bad composition etc.
There are options for films and lens, colour and black and white films, coloured flash is also 
an option. I particularly like this black and white film with the black frame.

Apart from the photo of Sasha, the other photos were taken in Belfast this morning with views of the Lagan, Ann Street, Cornmarket, Church Lane, Victoria Square and Castle Street.

The iphone is a fantastic smartphone and once I really get to know and understand all it's functions It will do all I would need. 

While sitting fiddling with it in Cafe Nero I signed into the wifi site and was able to surf. In fact I was even able to get into my bank account.


















2 comments:

  1. Hey, you finally got one! Isn't it fun? And it really is quite handy and easy to use. I know I use it more as a pocket computer more than a phone. I haven't decided if I feel guilty about leaving my DSLR at home since the camera on the iPhone isn't half bad and a lot more convient to carry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the iphone and the Hipstamatic app. I have a number of cameras and like you I just use the camera phone, the Blackberry and now the iphone. It will probably take me a while to really get to know this phone, I especially miss the drop down menu and the many options on the Blackberry.
    The operating system on my Macbook will also have to be upgraded to Lion via Snow Leopard so I can be able to transfer photos etc. from iphone.

    ReplyDelete